The Importance of Digital Transformation

Digital transformation includes the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business. This results in great changes to how businesses operate and how they deliver value to customers. Why is digital transformation important? The website below suggests that while businesses go through digital transformation for several reasons, the main reason is to survive. What are your thoughts about this conclusion? Do you agree or disagree? What are the other reasons for digital transformation other than survival?

I completely agree with @ramzf98 that the primary motivation for a company’s digital transformation is survival. Online grocery is one of the better examples of digital transformation that I’ve seen. It has helped grocery shops improve sales while also attracting new customers.

Furthermore, the current pandemic has nearly compelled organisations to embrace digital transformation. Working remotely was once a luxury choice for me when I worked for global corporations, but it has now become a need to get the job done.

Anyone who can relate similar experiences with a digital transformation can demonstrate why it is necessary.

I think digital transformation is very important since people are increasingly relying on the Internet and they think it is the Internet that makes life more convenient. And the outbreak of COVID-19 makes people who don’t know how to use the Internet have to learn to use it. Every company used to have its own website, but now every company is trying to develop its own APP for the needs of digital transformation.